Respecting Information Privacy
We recognise the importance of protecting personal information in accordance with Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act 26 of 2012) and any other applicable local personal data protection laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or guidance notes as may be issued from time to time (as the case may be) (“Privacy Laws”).
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Laws, including the personal data protection principles/ obligations in Singapore and applicable privacy regulations.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, gender, occupation, personal interests and any other information provided. For some services and products, we may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity, including information from your passport, driver’s licence, and health care and concession cards. If you access any of our services through a social network site such as Facebook, we will collect limited information provided to us by that social network site, such as user name, site ID and email address.
It is mandatory for you to provide us with your name, contact information and other details marked as mandatory as requested by us. If you choose not to furnish any mandatory personal data requested or wish to withdraw your consent or significantly limit the processing of your personal data, you agree that (notwithstanding any agreement between you and us) we may not be able to provide you with our services and products.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site and our marketing efforts in general.
We may use personal information collected to:
1. ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. provide a better or more relevant service or product to you;
3. combine your personal information with information that we have collected from its service providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons in order to provide you with a better or more relevant and personalised experience and to improve the quality of its services and the services of third parties.
4. personalise and customise your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on the Website or the websites of our service providers and business partners;
5. respond to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from us;
6. contact you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or the Website;
7.allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
8. help carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
9. notify you about changes to our products and services; and
10. use your personal information in direct marketing and/or provide your personal information to another person for gain and/or for use by that person in direct marketing as set out in the Using Personal Information for Marketing Purposes section below.
Using Personal Information for Marketing Purposes
1. use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services and for direct marketing real estate, investment and/or financial products/ services which we believe may be of interest to you; and
2. provide your personal information to (i) real estate agents or agencies, property developers, builders, retirement community operators, landlords, financial and investment providers that have listings or advertising on our Website and which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry; and (ii) our service providers (so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them, or to help us to provide you with our products or services) for gain and/or for use by that person in direct marketing real estate, investment and/or financial products/ services (and we may not so provide the data unless we have received your written consent to the intended provision); and
3. share your information with our marketing partner, Open House Singapore, our service providers and other third parties (who are our clients or financial services companies, investment service providers and telecommunications services providers) so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We may not so use your personal information for direct marketing or share your information with others for direct marketing unless we have received your consent. Further, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future in our communications with you.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via our contact form or email address given below:
1. See what data we have about you, if any.
2. Change/correct any data we have about you.
3. Have us delete any data we have about you.
4. Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Disclosure and Storage of Personal Information Outside Your Country of Residence
Personal information submitted by customers and visitors to our website may be held on servers located in your country of residence or in the data centres of outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. We transfer data outside of your country of residence to our service providers in order to obtain secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. We have implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data with its related companies and have verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of your country of residence for the purposes described above.
Where we have obtained your consent or taken other measures to do so, we may also share your personal information with our service providers and other third parties (who are our clients or financial services companies, investment service providers and telecommunications services providers) located outside your country of residence in accordance with the Privacy Laws so that they can provide you with any products or services requested by you, including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.